Bryan Rafanelli’s passion for event planning was fostered by his mother, who loved to throw parties and events for her family. Rafanelli shared this spirit with New York City and the Hamptons when he launched Rafanelli Events in 1996 with a small staff and only a few events per year. Today, his massive operation produces hundreds of events annually, including Chelsea Clinton’s wedding and several White House events for the Obama administration. With his debut book, A Great Party: Designing the Perfect Celebration, hitting shelves, the go-to party planner shares his favorite decorating picks that earned him celebrity and presidential praise.
1. “Inspired by natural rippling that occurs as water drips and puddles, these handblown glass candlesticks can add a precise touch to your home. We love the subtle coloring of them, making them the perfect accent to your table.” Vibration glass candlesticks, $45, by abcDNA at ABC Carpet & Home, 888 Broadway
2. “The best events tell a story and in my debut book, A Great Party: Designing the Perfect Celebration ($55, Rizzoli), I get to reflect on and share with readers some of the most beautiful stories we have worked with clients to tell through celebrations. A Great Party is the perfect inspiration for all your party planning dreams.”
3. “Hand-dyed ribbon is never a bad thing to keep around the house. Keep them in your stationery drawer or gift-wrapping closet for the perfect accent or tie. Shown here, it can also be the perfect menu accessory, tying in all the colors of your tabletop.” Ribbon seconds in assorted colors, $40, silkandwillow.com
4. “These beautiful textiles give a nod to your grandmother’s embroidery in a uniquely modern monochromatic way. They create a beautiful texture for your tabletop.” Peacock table linen, $700, juliab.com
5. “Mixing different patterned china creates a personalized experience for each guest and a nice surprise when each new course is served.” Fortuny Ashanti dessert plates, set of 4 for $280, L’Objet, 370 Bleecker St.
6. “This elegant vase has a slightly vintage feel in color and shape, but we love the gold accent around the rim that really makes this piece special.” Gilded clover tall vase, $395, aerin.com
Photography by: Portrait by Joel Benjamin Photography; Book Photo Courtesy of Rizzoli; Silk & Willow Photo By Pomeroy; All Others Courtesy of Brands