Andrea Correale's Lemon Basil Margarita is simple yet extraordinary.
With everything going on at the moment, we could all use a drink—and a good one at that. Thankfully, National Margarita Day is Feb. 22, but we're celebrating early.
As many bars remain closed for COVID-19 safety, it’s time to get creative and learn to make our own cocktails. That’s why we teamed with Celebrity Caterer Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs Caterers to curate a list of the best Margarita recipes you can make at home for family and friends.
Correale’s motto? Inspiring home cooks to make the ordinary extraordinary using simple ingredients in unexpected ways. From your classic mango peach mix to a bold carrot, ginger and bacon blend, these upscale drinks will make you look and feel like a real mixologist.
See also: 7 Super Bowl Snack Recipes From Celebrity Caterer Andrea Correale
Lemon Basil Margarita
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3 Basil Leaves for Garnish
- ½ sugar ½ salt combo to coat the rim
- Lemon rind
- Basil leaf
- Coat glass rim with sugar and salt.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Shake all ingredients and pour over ice.
Peach Margarita Recipe
- 2 parts silver tequila
- 1 ½ parts peach schnapps
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup peach nectar
- Thyme, for garnish
- Peach slice, for garnish
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Shake all liquid ingredients in a shaker.
- Pour over ice.
- Garnish with a fresh peach slice and a spring of thyme.
Blood Orange Margarita
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice (fresh squeezed if possible)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons triple sec
- ½ cup tequila
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Coarse salt for rim
- Place salt on the rim of two glasses.
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Mix all other ingredients in shaker and pour over the ice.
Mango Passion Fruit Frozen Margarita
- 2 Cups Tequila
- 2 Fresh Mangos
- 4 oz. triple sec
- 12 oz passion-fruit juice
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 4 Cups Ice
- Fresh Mint for Garnish
- Slice of passion fruit & mango for garnish
- Slice the mangos and put them in the blender, blend until pureed.
- Add the ice, tequila, triple sec, passion fruit juice, and juice from 1 lime.
- Blend until completely mixed.
- Taste-test the batch so it balances between sweet and sour, leaning more towards sweet.
- Pour the frozen mixture into glasses and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, fresh passion fruit, and mango slices!
Carrot, Ginger, and Bacon Margarita
- 1 oz. Tequila
- 3 oz. carrot juice, freshly squeezed if possible
- 1 oz. apple juice
- 2 thin slices of fresh ginger
- Bacon for Garnish
- Muddle the ginger slices in the bottom of a shaker glass.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a blender over ice and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with thin slices of fresh ginger and bacon.
- 6 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. triple sec
- 6 oz. limeade concentrate
- 2 cups ice
- 1 chopped avocado
- 6 oz. water
Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
Vanilla Beet Margarita
- 1.5 oz. Silver Tequila
- 1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- ½ oz. ginger juice
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- 2 oz. beet juice
- 1 oz. apple juice
- Place all ingredients into a blender filled with ice.
- Blend and pour into a tall glass. Garnish with a basil sprig.
Photography by: Courtesy of Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs Caterers